Born in 1946.
Graduated from Saratov State Academy of Law in 1979.
He has been awarded state and departmental honors and medals:
• Order For Merit to the Fatherland, Class II,
• Order For Merit to the Fatherland, Class III,
• Order For Merit to the Fatherland, Class IV,
• two Orders of Courage,
• Order of the Red Banner of Labor,
• Medal of the Veteran of Work,
• Honorary Lawyer of the Russian Federation,
• Order of Ivan Kalita, and other state and departmental honors and medals.
From 1992 to 1997 – Head of the Main Correctional Directorate in the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.
From 1997 to 1998 – Deputy Department Head in the Russian Justice Ministry.
From 1998 to 2004 – Deputy Justice Minister.
From 2004 to 2009 – Director of the Federal Correctional Service of Russia.
From 2009 to 2010 – Deputy Justice Minister.
From March, 2010 to October, 2012 – representative from the Penza Region Legislative Assembly in the Federation Council of the Russian Federal Assembly.
Since 2012 – Vice President of Rosneft, March 2013 – Vice President for HR and Social Policy.
Since 2013 – member of the Management Board.
Since October 2014 – Deputy Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft.
Yuri Kalinin holds a seat in the boards of several organizations.
Yuri Kalinin holds 203,916 shares in Rosneft (0.0019% of the share capital).